Written to: What's my name - Rihanna & Drake
While television continues to look bad on a good year; as will I.
All but two of the biggest selling songs of 2010 are from the US of A. Six of them could be classed as R&B, five could get away with being pure pop and one is a charity single. Almost all of them have definitely been overplayed.
Furthermore, five of them want to make us dance, three attempt to make us think about the bigger picture and there's a love song from a fittie to keep the girls happy. The majority of them invite or ask 'you' to do something. Refreshingly, all are original songs bar one, but it's for Haiti so we'll let them off.
Despite all the songs we've heard this year it seems we're a nation that's a sucker for a music heavyweight duet with a killer video and awesome chorus.
So here's the list, if you didn't know.
1. Love the way you lie - Eminem & Rihanna
2. Just the way you are - Bruno Mars
3. OMG - Usher
4. Fireflies - Owl City
5. Airplanes - B.O.B & Hayley Williams
6. California Gurls - Katy Perry & Snoop Dogg
7. We no speak Americano - Yolanda B Cool
8. Everybody Hurts - Various
9. Only Girl (in the world) - Rihanna
10. Pass Out - Tinie Tempah