Thursday 18 February 2010

Music is my life you see

Written to: I Turn To You - Melanie C

My commutes to and from London have resulted in me listening to my iPod alot. Out of laziness and convenience I usually just go straight to my recently played list and let the last 152 songs roll on. And on. And on. A few days later and I've become incredibly bored of these songs. Not wanting to go 'oh look I have an iPod, and Blackberry, and god knows what' I try to keep it in my bag, so just switched to a general shuffle setting.

But this did not feed what I wanted either, as I ended up skipping most of them. What is it that is making me keep all these random songs, half of which I've never listened to? Well, partly because I'll pick up anything that's free. Partly because 'you never know'. Partly because I love different music. Partly to try and fill up the 80GB iPod (I'm currently only at 15 anyway!).

Nevertheless even when I've come to make a playlist in the last week, there's nothing jumping out to say 'listen to me'. I've been turning back to my old favourites and actually listening to whole albums: Songs About Jane, From Under the Cork Tree, Northern Star, Inside In/Inside Out.

I'm quite worried that there is nothing I'm particularly enthralled by, even a listen to The Fame seemed quite tame today. Perhaps I've just not been listening to the right thing for the mood I'm in. But God, I even spent a train journey home with no music today and that is very unlike me.

What doesn't help is the fact that my earphones have broken, so only the left ear works. Having the right one in but no sound coming out is actually a bit strange.

If you have any recommendations of bands or artists with melodic songs that have a bit of attitude, let me know. Doesn't matter if it's rock, dance or pop, although I'd like to know what they're saying so I can sing along. For now I'll resist buying the tonnes of albums I could buy...

No comments:

Post a Comment