Sunday 31 January 2010

I've been travelling on this road too long

Written to: Many of Horror - Biffy Clyro

I must admit that being single has certainly messed around with my head the past few months. Or should I really say that the guys I have been speaking to/seen/etc have been instead. Men, please, learn to listen, flirt, not mess around and ask us out for drinks.

Regardless, I've found myself thinking more and more about wanting a boyfriend, but for no particular reason. I'm at a stage in my life where I need the freedom, no attachments. I can see where they are stopping some people from doing what they want. Perhaps it's because everyone around me but my 15 year old cousin is in a relationship, all happily loved up in their own little world. It's sickening at the moment to be honest.

Then I see new couples who are together, or started, for all the wrong reasons. There's been quite a few of these recently, mainly all sprung from insecurities or "needing" someone. Is there still a stigma attached to being young, carefree and single? Or in this fragmented world are people just clinging onto whatever they can find?

What bugs me are the times when I need that hug, someone to say it will be ok, or that I know they are there. Right now I would LOVE for someone to meet me after work and take me for a drink. Hey, if any of you lot want to do that Valentine's Day, I'll be at work til 11ish when all the couples have emptied out of the restaurant to go and have sex.

For now, until that right guy comes along I will continue to gaze at the beautiful members of your species and shower my best friend with affection instead. Although I may have to cut down on the public Facebook loving. Don't want to look too lesbianic now, do we?

Remember that it's easier to be cynical, that way there are no expectations to be met and people surprise you more!

No comments:

Post a Comment